Monday, January 30, 2012

You NEVER know what someone is going through

I can’t take it anymore!
I’m screaming inside.
I stand behind you in the grocery store line
You don’t know me and I’m glad that you don’t
Or you might see what I hope no one won’t
I might smile and laugh at a little, smart joke
But inside I am dying with an invisible choke
My insides scream to be saved, but my face just won’t show it
Even if I want to beg and plead for your help
I feel like he’s there silencing my yelp
The weight of my fear power my moves
I watch were I step, I watch what I choose
My hair is in place and make up covering my bruise
If I ask you for help I still feel as though I will lose
Please don’t be rude even though I look fine
Cause you never know inside what someone is holding
I might be upset and scared from a two hour scolding
You finish your transaction and walk away
You turn to tell me have a nice day
A smile and a nod is all that I give
Not because I am rude, but I am consumed with how I will live
You go home and enjoy your nice life
I’m fighting for mine as I return to the strife

We never know what someone is going through or what they have overcome.

      ***The lady that just cut you off might be consumed with tears heading back to her abusive home and can barley breath while she drives to make it there in time before she upsets her husband for being five minutes late.
      ***The snippy lady at the supermarket might be dreading her return home wondering if tonight she might get a beating.

Extend  patience and kindness to others because we never know when someone might need it the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment